CAP CREAL JOURNALISM AWARD
Named for farmer, Ag Society member, and Assemblyman Harold “Cap” Creal, this award was created in 1978 to recognize and inspire positive and accurate media coverage of the events, people and issues related to New York state agriculture.
- Printed News Story: Published story that focuses on immediacy and facts
- Printed Feature Story: Published story that exhibits truth with originality and human
- Printed Series: Published series of consecutive stories, submit no more than 3 articles
- Printed Editorial: Published opinion piece on a specific topic
- Audio/Video News Clip: Produced for television or radio, 3 minutes or less
- Audio/Video News Feature: Produced for television or radio, 30 minute maximum
- Audio/Video for the Internet: Published exclusively on the internet, 10 minute maximum
- Blogs/On-Line Feature: Produced for the internet and effectively uses the medium
- Photograph: Used in a published or broadcast media form
- The New York State Agricultural Society
- Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity at Cornell University
Schedule of Awards & Deadlines
Awards are presented annually in January. Application deadline September 30.
- Story must cover agriculture in New York State
- Must be published or aired in professional media that is available to the public
- Must be authored or produced by the person with the byline or credit
- Must be published or aired between September 30, 2015, and September 30, 2016
- Must not be a press release
- Entire newsletter, periodical, blog or website are ineligible
Who can be nominated?
Anyone can enter to win a “Cap” Creal Journalism Award, regardless of media outlet or network. You can either nominate yourself or your favorite agricultural news story published or aired by someone else.
Download Application or Information
Click here to download the application
Click here to download an information sheet
For questions please contact Committee Chair