The Ag Society:
- Played an instrumental role in establishing the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Cornell University in the 1860s
- Conducted educational Farmer Institutes until Cornell Cooperative Extension was founded.
- Established the New York State Fair and managed it for 57 years.
- Promoted the creation of the Department of Agriculture and Markets
- Developed and sponsored the Empire State Food and Agricultural Leadership Institute (LEAD NY)
- Established the NYS Agricultural Society Foundation, a 501c3 organization, to support agricultural programs for future generations
A Review of the History of the NYS Agricultural Society by Bob Bitz
Historical highlights of the NYS Ag Society & Archives (Produced for our 175th anniversary)
List of Past Presidents