The New York State Agricultural Society was organized in 1832 to Foster, Promote and Improve the New York State Food & Agriculture Industry through Education, Leadership Development & Recognition Programs
The Ag Society:
- Sponsors an annual Agricultural Forum in conjunction with the Department of Agriculture and Markets to explore issues critical to the future of New York Agriculture.
- Publishes The Cultivator newsletter
- Supports the Empire State Food & Agricultural Leadership Institute (LEAD NY) and other leadership development efforts.
- Recognizes Ag Businesses of the Year, Cap Creal/Ag Journalism, Ag Promotion, Bicentennial Farms, Century Farms, Distinguished Service to NY Agriculture, Farm Safety, Next Generation Farmers and FFA Chapters of the Year.
- Holds participating memberships in the Cornell University Board of Trustees, and the Council of Agricultural Organizations
- Hosts a summer meeting each year throughout the state. See 2017 bylaw updates from our summer meeting in Buffalo: